Take-Two wins approval to limit FTC investigation into EA-deal

Take-Two has settled an agreement with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) limiting the information it has to provide for the regulator regarding the takeover bid by Electronic Arts (EA).

“The agreement will allow the company to appropriately limit the scope of its production of information and witnesses,” says Take-Two in a regulatory filing. The firm also says the deal will “alleviate” the need for a court hearing, scheduled for next week and should “substantially reduce” the economic burden on Take-Two.

The announcement comes after Take-Two rejected EA’s extended takeover bid for the fourth time earlier this week. The USD2bn unsolicited offer has been accepted by 7.9% of the Take-Two shareholders to date. EA postponed the offer deadline earlier this month to Jul 16.

Published by Reinout te Brake

Reinout is a games investor and strategic business consultant specializing in the games industry. Reinout established his credentials through his own successful investments, start-ups, consulting and (advisory) board positions that led through time to strong bonds with key stakeholders in this fast paced industry. He is known for his outstanding results in the gaming industry. He has worked with many game studios around the globe and is therefore well known in the international gaming industry. Check out his games podcast; https://www.game-consultant.com

%d bloggers like this: