Ad Networks and Analytics:
- A partnership with SpotXChange may enable YuMe to increase ad inventory and opportunities for publishers in its network.
- Federated Media, the ad network founded by John Battelle, raised $30 million in funding.
- ADSDAQ, the online buying and buying platform, launched the Agency Trading Desk, enabling advertisers to review how well ads perform and resell spots to other buyers.
- Spot Runner appointed a new President, John Gentry, who was promoted from his previous position as Chief Revenue Officer.
- Japanesevideo search engine Fooooo raised a second round of venture capital funding to the tune of $1 million.
- Marketing widget creation firm SplashCast secured $4 million in its first round of financing, led by Australian advertising industry vet Mark Bayliss.
- Yahoo debuted a special NCAA widget that feeds news and scores to mobile users, sponsored by Jaguar North America.
- Alltel users in select markets can submit local bands through a partnership with online streaming radio site Pandora.
- Nickelodeon announced its intention to build hundreds if not thousands of new casual branded online games.
- Apple may start an all-you-can-download subscription service for iTunes. The cost of music would be built into the retail price of new iPods or iPhones.
- Borders will begin selling MP3 audiobooks from OverDrive in the coming months.
- Yahoo Buzz is gaining momentum against Digg as social news service of choice. Buzz pushes more traffic to mainstream sites, whereas Digg sends more users to blogs and other user-generated content.
- US customers of Cogent Communications and European customers of TeliaSonera couldn’t visit each other’s websites. Amidst a squabble, the companies blocked access to each other’s hosted pages.